This is a preview of subscriber content
To continue reading, get online access now.
John Friedman organized the Jasper Machine Works shop and built a two-story frame building at the southwest corner of the intersection of Third and Main streets. The frame part of the building is shown in this picture. In December, 1937, the property was purchased by Alvin C. Ruxer for his Ford garage.